Thursday, November 26, 2015

Once Upon A Zombie

Posted by Valerie's Reviews at 12:35 AM

* I received a product sample to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own.

When I was contacted about the book Once Upon A Zombie I thought my older daughter Natalie (11) would be interested but to my surprise my 8 year old was interested as well. They've been interested in zombies but the concept is still somewhat scary to them. Once Upon a Zombie has given them a new outlook on them though.

In Billy Phillips' new series Once Upon a Zombie, something mysterious has happened to the classic characters of our beloved fairytales. A terrible curse has been cast upon their fantasy worlds, transforming Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Cinderella into the undead who, despite their urges, valiantly refuse to give in to their zombie instincts. As their kingdoms rot away, it’s up to one girl to help them rise up, fight back and reclaim their world.

This thrilling new children’s book provides a fresh perspective on popular fairytales, with the Billy Goats Gruff becoming Billy Goat Ghouls and the Three Little Pigs growing scars like Franken-ham. Once Upon a Zombie also features:

One of the first times all of the major fairy tale characters and kingdoms have merged into one book narrative.

A realm of imagination and human consciousness, where negative fears and thoughts wage war against positive thinking, certainty and optimism.

Zombie princesses who, despite their undead state, remain hauntingly beautiful thanks to the compassion in their hearts.

Blood-Eyed Zombies who reflect the selfishness, out-of-control, mindlessness of fear in our lives.

Elle (8) said: Caitlin moves to a new school and Jack asks her to the dance. I think it's scary that they are going to a graveyard.

Natalie (11) said: It was a really good book. I liked it because there were zombies but they weren't too scary. I didn't know princesses could be zombies! It was so descriptive that I could really see what the author was saying. I want to know more about them!
You can find the Once Upon A Zombie book plus dolls on Amazon.
 
 
 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Valerie's Reviews © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot