So my daughter had been really itchy lately. I mean really itchy. It was so bad that she was leaving sores all down her back from itching so much. So I took her to the Dr who diagnosed her with eczema. Now we get to experience the fun of treating it. So after searching the web and finding so many responses on how best to treat it, I was overwhelmed. I asked you guys on Facebook and here are some of the responses.
- Me and my daughter both have it and have tried different creams that just make it worse, the only relief I have found is ice packs on the area, its very little relief but its something.
- Glaxal Base and Aquaphor creams, put them on overnight.
- Aquaphor helped some. We ended up getting a prescription from the doctor that helped a lot more but I can't remember what it was.
- Aquaphor definitely.
- Oatmeal bath w old fashioned oatmeal tied in a pantyhose, and coconut oil on the skin after the bath.
- My daughter's pediatrician suggested we mix equal parts of Desitin, Eucerin cream, and Aquaphor. It worked wonders and was great for diaper rash, too. We made a TON of it and kept seperate containers for different things.
- Episencial Skin Care has a probiotic lotion (soothing cream) that works wonders and is all natural.
Now for us we are going with what our Dr recommended and that is Eucerin. We are using the Calming Body Wash, Original Healing Lotion and 1% hydrocortisone cream as needed. This has helped her and she is a much happier little girl.
I do want to note that the Eucerin Calming Itch Relief Treatment and the Calming Creme did not work for us at all. It made her cry, she said it burned.
Have you had any experience with dry skin and/or eczema? What have you found that works for you?