Friday, January 27, 2012

Upcycled T-shirt

Posted by Valerie's Reviews at 4:23 PM
I was browsing around Pinterest and found this super cute post for an upcycled t-shirt dress. So my inspiration comes from 

I hate when perfectly good t-shirts get a small stain on them and with kids you know this happens a lot. This would also be good for those shirts that still fit but are getting too short.


So I took some old shirts (I had already cut a couple before I took this):

Cut them up:

And sewed them together:


And since I have 2 girls, I had to make 2:
(I didn't end up using the bright pink one)


And finally the models:

They loved them and were proud to wear something their Mom made. 

When it gets warmer I will have to use the same concept to make dresses. 

If you have made something like this or plan to let me know! 


7 comments:

Unknown on January 27, 2012 at 5:12 PM said...

those are adorable! love them!

Southern Rambles on January 27, 2012 at 6:19 PM said...

I will have to make something like that for Adisyn. Too cute...

Brenda on January 27, 2012 at 7:25 PM said...

That is a really cute idea! Great way to get more use out of clothes too!

kewkew on January 28, 2012 at 1:45 AM said...

What an awesome idea!!
Stopped by from the Facebook Social Alexa Hop. I will have to Pin this to remember it.

Unknown on January 31, 2012 at 9:43 AM said...

Super cool! The shirts look great

Jessica on January 31, 2012 at 10:01 AM said...

Very interesting idea. Cute pic. I think they would be very cute as dresses!

patty reininger said...

this is the best idea i have seen in a while grandma and i used to make tshirt dresss with a little different idea but along the same line!

Post a Comment

 

Valerie's Reviews © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot